Welcome to the NFHiB Forum!

The forum areas you can now see are just a taster of all the content we have at NFHiB. Please register for free, to be able to read the forum areas and post for help & support.

Photo

Neighbours Leaving Bags Of Dog Faeces On My Doorstep

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

bigbrother2013

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

bigbrother2013

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 109 posts
  • LocationUK

is there any chance it may be fox pooh?

edit to say, agree with Angee it may be fox.

Edited by bigbrother2013, 31 March 2014 - 05:27 PM.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool" (Touchstone, As You Like It, Act V, scene 1.) 

"It is meat and drink to me to see a clown"  (Touchstone, As You Like It, Act V, scene 1.) W. Shakespeare

ravenswood67

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

ravenswood67

• Privileged New Member
  • 12 posts

Thanks for reassuring me regarding evidence and it never occurred to me that it might be a Fox that's responsible.  There are foxes in the area because I've seen one a couple of times quite late at night/small hours.  I will suggest this should there be any more hassle but for now its quiet (apart from their making a big deal of leaving the gate open deliberately which, if it is a Fox, is just making it easier for it to get into the garden I suppose) :)

angee

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

angee

Entry Level Member

• Silvercard Member
  • 559 posts

Hi Ravenswood, depending upon what type of gate it is, it is possible, if it is a fox, it is making its own route into the vicinity - so gate being open or closed may not make much difference; it is perhaps worth checking?!

bigbrother2013

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

bigbrother2013

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 109 posts
  • LocationUK

We used to have a fox at our old house which traversed a 12 foot wall regularly. Used to watch it trotting along the top about 5am most days.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool" (Touchstone, As You Like It, Act V, scene 1.) 

"It is meat and drink to me to see a clown"  (Touchstone, As You Like It, Act V, scene 1.) W. Shakespeare

ravenswood67

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:18 AM

ravenswood67

• Privileged New Member
  • 12 posts

Hi, yes I see what you mean, the garden is communal but there are 7 gates into it and the fence is just two rows of wood so I guess a Fox could get easily through if it wanted to, gates open or not :).  I'm happy to leave things alone for now because I know its not my dog and I guess its up to them to try to prove otherwise if they decide to pursue it. 

Edited by ravenswood67, 03 April 2014 - 08:21 AM.

• celestina and angee like this

celestina

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

celestina

Advanced Member

• Silvercard Member
  • 555 posts

Exactly - it's up to them to prove it.

Just a thought, if it is a fox then a good deterrent is male urine - fill up plastic milk bottles and mark the boundaries (about fox nose height). It's an old chicken protection trick :)

• ravenswood67 likes this
'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing' (Edmund Burke)

angee

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:56 AM

angee

Entry Level Member

• Silvercard Member
  • 559 posts

Ravenswood, be careful though that the NFH don't start making other types of allegations - if I were you, at least for now, leave well alone as you have already planned.

Celestina, your post made me laugh - now, may I ask why male urine? why not female urine? I'd be hard pressed to prod.uce male urine, it doesn't fall into my list of capabilities!  :lol:

The other thing I can advise is that foxes pooh needs to be cleaned up immediately and a deterrant or something sprayed in order to stop them coming again as they are very territorial and will keep using the same spot time and again - however, in your case Ravenswood, I would just let your NFH fester over this and you stand back and enjoy the amusement [of course, you are collecting your own evidence I hope in case there is trouble further down the path at the gates.

Have a good day.

• celestina and ravenswood67 like this

celestina

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

celestina

Advanced Member

• Silvercard Member
  • 555 posts

Angee, female urine does not contain the concentration of male hormones - best male urine is first thing in the mornings when it is the strongest :)

I try to encourage our male dog to wee in certain areas but he is too old for all the fuss, bless him  :)

Edited by celestina, 03 April 2014 - 10:17 AM.

'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing' (Edmund Burke)

ravenswood67

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

ravenswood67

• Privileged New Member
  • 12 posts

Hi all

It seems a bit silly to report this but they've put a hanging basket on the balcony of their flat and its over our front door space.  My fiance (the man they verbally and racially abused) has been soaked twice when they were watering this basket and tonight my father who is 83 was leaving my flat and he had to negotiate around a puddle of water just outside my door and water dripping from the basket or risk slipping over on it.  I'd appreciate some advice on whether they can hang a basket over our door.  The flats are owned by the local housing association but they've bought the leasehold on theirs - not sure if this has any bearing on things. 

Many thanks x

paganqueen

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

paganqueen

• Members
  • 34 posts

They are obviously doing it to upset you. Could you play them at their own game? Put a plant under theirs, then they will water your plant at the same time. People wont get wet and no one will slip in it.

• Crezz1 likes this

ravenswood67

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

ravenswood67

• Privileged New Member
  • 12 posts

Hi Paganqueen, thanks for the advice,  it would be a great idea but unfortunately the basket is hanging directly over the space in front of our door, if I put a plant under there we wouldn't be able to get in :)

paganqueen

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

paganqueen

• Members
  • 34 posts

Is there no way to fix a bracket above the door to hang your own basket on?

ravenswood67

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:23 PM

ravenswood67

• Privileged New Member
  • 12 posts

There isn't no, and even if there was it wouldn't deal with the problem of water dripping on me and my visitors  :)